BOO! Did we make you jump? Here at the Bowgie Inn, Crantock we are doing our best to get our Halloween game on. That’s why we’ve put together this delicious list of spooky cocktails that you can make at home. Enjoy!
1. Zombie Brains
Mmmmmmm. Doesn’t that look appetizing?
All you need is 4 crucial ingredients and a device to extract Zombie brain. Joke! You don’t need one for this recipe although now we come to think of it, it would probably be a good idea to keep one in the cupboard just incase of a Zombie Apocalypse. There’s nothing like being prepared.
Anyway… back to the Cocktail recipe:
• Half fill a shot glass with Peach Schnapps.
• Add a splash of Creme de Menthe and watch as it sinks to the bottom.
• Then add a layer of Baileys to the top of the shot
• Finally trickle in the blood, oops we mean Grenadine and watch as the baileys curdles in the most mouthwatering way.
2. Black Magic
As Cocktails go, this is most definitely ‘extra’.
It’s even got sparkly bits in it!
As this is extra you too need to go the extra mile, so dig out that cocktail shaker from the back of the cupboard and:
• add 2 measures of black vodka ( a good glug should do it)
• add 1 measure of cherry juice
• half a measure of orange juice
• half a measure of maraschino cherry juice straight from the jar.
• Then a nice sprinkling of edible shimmer dust that you would use for cake decorating. Don’t add craft glitter. No one will thank you for that.
Add a few ice cubes and shake shake shake! You may at this point wish to whisper a few incantations. But that is entirely optional.
Strain the cocktail into a martini glass and enjoy.
3. Skeleton Sangria
To be fair, this drink is all about the presentation. We recommend you knock up a batch beforehand and serve it in a punch bowl or a glass dispenser like the one pictured. Then you can add your spooky additions like eyeballs, brains, bats or whatever takes your fancy and your guests can just help themselves.
The sangria recipe below is devilishly delicious:
• 375 ml cava
• 15 ml peach liqueur
• 15 ml Cointreau
• 125 ml orange juice
• 125 ml lemonade
• 2 tbsp granulated fine sugar
• ½ orange
• 4 strawberries
• 4 raspberries
• 4 blackberries
• 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
• 6 mint leaves
4. Witches Brew Cocktail.
Hubble bubble toil and trouble this cocktail will tempt even the most difficult to please witches amongst us.
It looks pretty impressive too don’t you think?
Here’s how to make it:
• Add equal amounts of vodka, triple sec and blue curacao to a shaker over cracked ice.
• Add in some fresh lime juice and shake whilst laughing manically and sitting on a broomstick.
• Then prepare a martini glass with a rim of black sugar…. Which is basically just plain old normal sugar drizzled with black food colouring.
5. Vampire’s Kiss.
This is the perfect after dinner treat; even those of us living outside Transylvania cannot deny the deliciousness of this shot. If this is what getting bitten by a Vampire is like then please give Dracula our phone number!
To make Vampire’s Kiss Shots:
• First crush some raspberries and mix in a bit of sugar for good luck.
• Add this to the bottom of a shot glass until the glass is about 1/3 full.
• Then trickle vodka over the raspberries.
• Top off with a generous helping of baileys
• Finally, drizzle with chocolate sauce then get your fangs stuck in to this deliciously deadly shot.